University Cooperative School
Women Owned Business
University Cooperative School is a community of children, teachers, and families. Together, we create an environment that is both vital and caring. At our school, children deepen their love of learning, build confidence in their voices, and come to value their own gifts and those of others.
We respect each child’s unique nature and foster in our children a strong sense of belonging—the knowledge that they are accepted and valued for who they are. At the same time, we prize and hold before them a vision of their highest potential.
We Are Committed To:
- Challenging but not hurrying children.
- Empowering children to become positive and responsible contributors to their classroom, community, and the wider world.
- Teaching children to speak with honesty and compassion, and to resolve conflicts peacefully.
- Creating a respectful environment in which we invite children to try new experiences and encourage them to welcome mistakes as opportunities for learning.
- Cultivating a participatory community approach, which enables parents and teachers to grow and learn alongside the children.
- Utilizing and recognizing the diverse talents and perspectives that parents bring to the school, as children flourish when they are known and cared for by the family that is our school.