RULES FOR BUSKING
If you are interested in becoming a busker at the U District Street Fair, please read the busker rules below.
- Busking is allowed at the U District Street Fair. Performance locations along University Way NE are generally located in bus shelters, as long as there is no conflict with vendors.
- Some additional spaces along University Way NE (also known as ‘the Ave’) may be available, however crowd control and allowing for clear pedestrian access will be the responsibility of the buskers. If there is not adequate pedestrian access to ensure safety, Street Fair Staff may ask the Busker to move to another location.
- NO busking is allowed at the intersections of NE 43rd and University Way NE or NE 42nd and University Way NE due to conflict with the stages. Busking is allowed at the intersection of NE 47th and University Way NE when there is not a scheduled performance. Busking is also permitted just south of NE 45th on Brooklyn Avenue NE.
- NO busking is allowed on the sidewalk or in the spaces between vendor booths or behind vendor booths. This is strictly reserved for pedestrian walkways.
- Please be respectful of the vendors and keep performance volume to a moderate level.
- It is the responsibility of buskers to share the use of the space they perform in. When other buskers are waiting please limit your set to one hour.
- Street Fair staff may assist buskers in enforcing the rotation of performers if necessary.
- This is a family-friendly event, NO profanity or nudity is allowed.